Information about COVID-19 PORTUGAL
Your safety is our top priority!
We are very happy that after the past months it is finally possible for you to spend your well-deserved holiday with us in our camp. It is therefore all the more important that we do everything possible to ensure the protection of your health and that of the other guests and employees. We therefore ask you to observe all applicable hygiene measures such as keeping your distance, washing your hands etc. and to inform us immediately if you feel unwell or show symptoms of illness. Furthermore, we would like to ask you to honestly assess before your departure whether you feel fit enough to travel to one of our camps. Please let us know if you are unsure whether you are able to travel. At the same time, please check with your travel insurance company to make sure that the cancellation costs are covered in case of cancellation.
Due to the early reaction the COVID-19 case numbers in Portugal could be kept very low from the beginning. At the same time, the population has cooperated in an exemplary disciplined manner, which is why a step-by-step plan for the gradual easing of corona-related restrictions has been implemented since 04.05. This includes that there is no longer a quarantine obligation on entry. International air traffic will also be gradually resumed. Currently (as of 19.06.2020) the following facilities / activities have been reopened: Outdoor sports (incl. surfing, climbing and biking) in small groups (5 persons plus trainer/guide), gastronomy, shops, public transport, cultural facilities, sightseeing and much more. Bars or discotheques remain closed until further notice. Beach bathing is resumed under certain conditions. A traffic light system and a real-time online platform with information on occupancy will help to ensure compliance with hygiene rules.
The certification by the Portuguese tourism authority “Turismo de Portugal” with the “Clean & Safe” seal confirms that the facility is implementing the prescribed measures by the national health authority on site. These include, among others:
- Training and awareness raising of employees
- Provision of protective and disinfection material (including masks, disinfectants)
- Informing the guests about all necessary measures
- Markings for safety distances at key points in the system
- Extended hygiene measures, especially in communal areas
- Compliance with capacity restrictions, e.g. in common rooms, vehicles
- Existence of a contingency plan for COVID-19 suspected cases
That is why we are convinced that if a certain “Corona etiquette” is observed, a relaxed and pleasant holiday is possible even in times of COVID-19! We are looking forward to you in any case!
- Common areas – The common areas (including surfaces and textiles) are aired, repeatedly disinfected and cleaned several times a day.
- Pool – At the pool, the typical minimum distances are observed. The pool and sun loungers are also cleaned daily.
- We recommend taking a thermometer with you so that you can carry out a regular self-check on site. We also recommend taking a hand disinfectant with you and regularly disinfect your hands on the way to us.
- Anyone who travels in public places must always keep a minimum distance of two metres to all persons who do not live in the same household. Wearing a mouth-nose cover in shops and on public transport is compulsory. A fine of up to 350 euros can be imposed for violation.
- All rooms were converted into double or twin rooms. Exceptions with more beds are only available for families, groups or cohabitation.
- The bed linen is washed at a temperature of at least 60 degrees. Of course we did this already before COVID-19 🙂
- All rooms are sufficiently ventilated daily.
- After departure, the rooms remain empty as long as possible before they are reassigned.
- The rooms are cleaned with a cleaning product containing at least 70% alcohol or chlorine after use cleaned.
- Breakfast – At the buffet you may only move in one direction. Our team wears mouth-and-nose protection and gloves when preparing and serving, and during the entire stay in the kitchen.
- Drinks will be served closed as far as possible.
- The meal times have been extended to ensure that as few guests as possible are in the dining area at the same time.
- In the shared kitchen, a maximum of two rooms will be able to cook in parallel, and only one person per Room, incl. mouth-nose protection compulsory.
- We follow all recommendations of the surfing association FPS and keep our distance from other surf schools: on the beach and in the water.
- The course groups are kept small. Max. 5 students per instructor.
- Each student keeps the same wetsuit for the duration of his course. Afterwards it will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Each student keeps the same surfboard for the duration of his course. Should this not be possible, the Surfboards disinfected between surf sessions.
- After a surfboard is finally returned, it remains unused for as long as possible before a new guest
receives this board.
- We keep the recommended minimum distance during surfing lessons and all other activities.
- In the car on the way to the beach mouth and nose protection is mandatory at the moment. We ask you to respect the environment to bring reusable masks for the sake of reuse.
CASE OF DISEASE/ SUSPECTED CORONA ON SITE
- · If there is a suspected case of Covid-19 disease, the affected person is immediately isolated and separated from the rest of the participants.
- · Medical care is guaranteed, which means that we will organise contact with a doctor/hospital.
- · We will follow all applicable guidelines. This also applies to the treatment of guests who are part of the chain of infection are or could be.
- · We as a tour operator are dependent on the information of the doctors/health authorities in case of emergency and are always there to support you.
- · Travel insurance: Please inform yourself in advance at your travel insurance company/foreign health insurance which coverage you have by your booked insurance. If you have booked insurance through us, the insurance conditions of HanseMerkur apply. You have already received the information with your booking confirmation. If you do not have travel insurance, we recommend that you take out insurance before you start your trip!